Keeping the bathtub clean and spotless is an absolute must when cleaning the bathroom. Since the tub is where we clean ourselves and relax after a long tiring day, it can collect different types of dirt when left uncleaned. From soap scum, limescale, mineral deposit to body oil, we present an easy cleaning guide and a collection of tips to help you clean your tub with little to no effort.
Gathering Your Cleaning Supplies
Before diving deep into cleaning your tub, here are the supplies and cleaning products you need to prepare:
- Clean bucket
- Dish soap
- Tub and bathroom tile cleaner
- Baking soda
- Spray bottle and bleach
Cleaning Your Bathtub: A Step-by-Step Guide
- Before splashing your bath tub with water and cleaner, you need to remove all objects in the tub first. This includes the children’s water toys, any hanging clothes or towels, candles and toiletries.
- Splash some water and wet the surface of the bath tub. This is to easily wipe out any dust or dirt into the tub’s drain.
- Sprinkle baking soda or a bathtub and tile cleaner on the surface and let it sit for a couple of minutes.
- If you’re using baking soda, you can make a mix by putting ½ cup and 1-2 tablespoons of clean water.
- Use the mix or any bathroom cleaning solution and apply it to a clean towel or cloth. Afterwards, wipe the dirt rings around the bathtub away by thoroughly scrubbing it using the cloth.
- Once you’re done wiping the stains away, it’s time to disinfect it some more. Get a spray bottle with bleach and spritz the solution all over the tub.
- If you want to go the au naturale way, then you can use vinegar as an alternative to the bleach solution.
- Use a dry and clean cloth to scrub away any remaining dirt and use an old toothbrush to scrub away any hard stain that’s difficult to remove.
- Rinse the tub with warm water to fully remove the cleaning solution from the surface.
- Wipe the entire surface of the bath tub using the cloth. Now your tub should look good as new!
Bathtub Cleaning Tips
- If you’re cleaning the bathroom’s shower wall tiles, it’s best to save the bath tub as your last cleaning chore.
- Cleaning a bath tub requires a lot of scrubbing, disinfecting and wiping. But it shouldn’t be tiring and painful. You can improve your experience by folding a towel and using it as your knee pad while deep cleaning the bathtub.
- Are you fixing a slow drain? Just sprinkle four tablespoons of baking soda into the drain and pour two cups of vinegar. You will notice bubbling as soon as the two ingredients meet. Once it stops, you can flush the drain with boiling water to dissolve the ingredients.
- Tired of your bathtub’s pesky stains? Get a sodium bicarbonate and mix it with water to create a quick and easy cleaning solution. Apply this to the stained area using a brush or a clean cloth and let it sit for a few hours. Once dry, scrub and wipe away until the stain disappears. Rinse until clean.
- Prevent your bath tub’s drain from clogging by installing a mesh drain catcher to filter hair, soapy scum and other particles.
Keeping a Clean Bathtub and Bathroom
Now that you know how to properly clean your bathtub, you shouldn’t stop there! Knowing how to clean every corner of your bathroom is important if you want to keep your home safe from viruses and bacteria. However, if you want to focus more on your work or other household chores, you can always contact us here at Homefresh to help you in your cleaning needs. Our team of friendly maids are here to make sure every corner of your home is shiny and squeaky clean. Book us now and experience quality service in an instant.